Booking Terms & Conditions
If you wish to book a tour with a tour operator using North Queensland Tours ( also referred to as NQT in this document ) then you agree that the following terms and conditions shall apply:
In all cases the person making the booking shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions on behalf of all the other person(s) named in the booking and who partake in the booked tour(s).
SECTION 1 – OUR SERVICE
NQT through the information on our website and social media, aim to publish the most accurate, up-to-date information possible regarding costs, dates and times of the tours listed; this information is bound to change frequently. While NQT undertakes all efforts to update information as they occur, this is not always possible as quickly as we would like. We therefore cannot guarantee the accuracy of this material and suggest that you use it as a guide only in making your selection. NQT is not a Tour Operator and has no responsibility for Tours. NQT is not able to influence or control a Tour Operator or Tour.
SECTION 2 – ACCURACY OF INFORMATION AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
NQT does not accept liability to the Customer (or any other person) for any act or omission on the part of the Tour Operator including (but not limited to) any failure by the Tour Operator to provide the Tour, or any accident, loss or damage which the Customer or any other person might suffer as a result of the Tour and the Customer agrees to release and indemnify NQT from and against any such claim in that respect.
- NQT does not warrant or represent to the Customer that the Tour is suitable or fit for the Customer’s purpose or corresponds with any advertising of the Tour Operator and the Customer agrees to make their own enquiries with the Tour Operator if required
- If NQT is unable by law or by statute to exclude its liability to the Customer then the Customer agrees that the liability of NQT to the Customer is limited to NQT providing the Tour (or a similar tour) again to the Customer
- You the Customer will indemnify NQT if we suffer any loss or damage or incur any costs in connection with your breach of these terms and conditions or any other legal obligation by you
- All Tours are provided by Tour Operators and based on dates of availability the Tour Operator as provided on the NQT website or North Queensland Tours affiliated website. NQT is unable to guarantee the availability of any tour included on these websites
- NQT have taken all reasonable care to ensure that the content of the Tour is correct, but all information is subject to change at any time without notice. As a user of this service you acknowledge that NQT is unable to check the accuracy of all information provided by a Tour Operator. You should make your own independent enquiries with the Tour Operator and other third parties and use your own judgment to assess the accuracy of any information accessed through our website or any NQT affiliated website
SECTION 3 – FEES AND CHARGES
The Customer agrees to pay to NQT the Tour Operator's advertised price for the Tour. There is currently no booking fee to place a booking.
SECTION 4 – TOUR OPERATOR’S CONDITIONS
The Customer agrees to abide by all terms, conditions and directions of the Tour Operator in respect of the Tour including but not limited to:
- All matters regarding the conduct of the Tour such as safety, use of equipment, clothing
- Payment for the Tour — the Customer acknowledges and agrees that the price charged by the Tour Operator for the Tour may be subject to changes and NQT gives no warranty regarding the accuracy of the Tour Operator’s current advertised prices. NQT will endeavor to abide by the Tour Operator’s advertised price
- Cancellation Fees — If the Customer cancels or changes a booking then the Customer agrees to abide by any cancellation or alteration policy of the Tour Operator, which may include the payment of a charge for the cancellation or change
SECTION 5 – AGE AND IDENTITY OF CUSTOMER
- NQT will not accept any booking from the Customer unless the Customer is at least 18 years of age. The Customer warrants and assures NQT that they are at least 18 years of age
- The Customer will be required by the Tour Operator to provide photo ID at check-in to ensure that their identity matches the booking identity. The customer may also be required by the Tour Operator to sign the booking confirmation/voucher. A copy of this photo ID and/or signature may be retained by the Tour Operator to minimise the risk of fraud or for verification purposes
- Where there is a discrepancy between the photo ID and the booking identity, the booking confirmation/voucher can be confiscated and immediately cancelled without refund
- If the Customer wishes to pay by credit card for a Tour (other than a Gift Voucher) and the person who will undertake the tour is different to the Customer, the Customer must contact NQT after the booking has been confirmed to establish their identity
SECTION 6 – CANCELLATIONS, AMENDMENTS AND REFUNDS
- Cancellation by you, the Customer — If you are not able to partake in a Tour on the date and time you have booked, you should contact NQT as far prior to this date and time as possible. NQT's refund for a tour is based on the individual Tour Operator's Refund and Cancellation Policy. You should check the Tour Operators Cancellation Policy prior to booking with NQT
- Cancellation by the Tour Operator (apart from weather) — In some cases a Tour Operator may make alterations to a tour date, price, inclusions, itinerary, minimum numbers, ages. NQT reserves the right to cancel, change, transfer or substitute any Tour that you have booked, at any time and for any reason. If you choose not to accept the alternatives offered you will be entitled to a full refund. Notwithstanding the above, if we receive advance notice of a significant change to a tour, we will make a reasonable effort to communicate this to you and to facilitate an amendment of the booking
- Cancellation because of Weather — If the Tour you have booked is unable to be taken because of weather, it may be rescheduled. You the Customer should make contact with NQT prior to the date and time of the Tour using the contact details provided on your booking confirmation to organise this. The Tour Operator will do all possible to reschedule the Tour to a date and time suitable to you the Customer. If the rescheduled date is not suitable you may be entitled to a refund
- In some instances bank fees, PayPal fees and exchange rates may mean the amount refunded is different to the amount originally paid for a tour, particularly in instances where a currency exchange is involved. NQT warrants it has no control over any bank fees, PayPal fees or exchange rates and is unable to accept responsibility for any such discrepancies in refunded amounts
- Gift vouchers are non-refundable
SECTION 7 – INSURANCE
Some of the tours promoted by NQT as a booking agent may be potentially dangerous. Prior to making and paying for a booking you the Customer should be aware of this. You the Customer agree to be responsible for making independent enquiries with the Tour Operator and other third parties regarding the need to acquire your own insurance cover.
SECTION 8 - GOVERNING LAW
These Terms and Conditions and any separate agreements whereby we provide you Services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of 113-119 Flinders Street, Townsville, QLD, 4818, Australia.
SECTION 9 - CONTACT INFORMATION
Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to us at email@example.com.